WHAT EXACTLY IS A FACE SERUM?
Face Serums are a formulation of highly concentrated active ingredients with contrast to a basic moisturizer,( commonly hyaluronic acid, glycolic acid and Vitamin-C) used for targeting special skincare regimen. As compared to a facial moisturizer , serums have high-level of active components thus recognized for their immediate effectiveness. A serum is usually thinner than a moisturizer therefore perfect for layering or priming the skin.
WHY SHOULD ONE USE IT?
Face Serums undeniably nourish your skin to the root, but they also have some visible advantages :
- Reduces the presence of dark spots and gives glowing effect: In today’s time with everyone busy in their lives, we do not realise our continuous exposure to the UV rays thus causing dull skin and discoloration (or dark spots). Face serums with glycolic acid are the most suitable for such skin types, giving a radiant look and improved skin tone.
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles : Vitamin C is considered as the best and safest anti-aging component, offering a glowing and even complexion. Vitamin-C serums are also proven to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles thus giving one a younger skin experience.
- Prevents Skin Sagging: As we grow, our skin tends to lose elasticity and moisture. Therefore, in order to improve skin elasticity and moisture serums with hyaluronic acid and vitamin C may come in handy, as they aid in preserving skin moisture and volume. The best way to use it is by taking a few drops on your fingertips and applying gently to the problematic areas until fully absorbed .
- Managing Skin-Breakouts(acne flare): Anti-acne serums generally contain tea-tree oils, benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid etc that reduces acne formation, diminishes acne scars and soothes skin-inflammation and redness.
- Keeps Skin hydration level in Check: Face serums keep in check your skin-hydration needs, especially the ones formulated with Hyaluronic acid.